SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST
Open until filled
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will use your knowledge and experience to own the test coverage for the features assigned to your software engineering team. You will also be counted upon to actively participate in implementing and maintaining the technology and tooling behind test automation framework. You will be challenged daily to solve problems, expand your knowledge of the Workfront platform and the technologies that can be used to continuously improve it. You will grow as we do and your technical skills and ownership responsibilities will gradually increase as you move toward the next level.
A TYPICAL DAY IN YOUR WORLD:
- Meet with your team and communicate the current state of testing activities and the quality of the application; provide updates about work you were able to complete yesterday and will complete today.
- Work with your team to plan your sprint and take on tasks that will help your team succeed.
- Review requirements and work with Product Management to eliminate ambiguities and potential conflicts early in the process.
- Review the feature implementation and suggest improvements for testability.
- Implement test coverage for the features based on white-box code analysis and product requirements.
- Work with Product Management and Quality Assurance to optimize team quality and balance between functional test coverage and user-facing scenario testing across different test layers.
- Work with DevOps to suggest improvements in Continuous Integration cycle and act as the focal point in the team to adopt such improvements initiated elsewhere
- Work with your team to devise methods of measuring the impact of the new features and implementations on general performance of the enterprise system
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of test automation frameworks, tools and approaches, which would not only aid your engineering team’s daily activities but also have organization-wide impactnt’s product and processes
- Provide mentorship to other SET-s in test automation practices and approaches
- Have a fabulous lunch with people you respect and admire. Enjoy your coffee and drinks …or 10 because, hey, they are free!
- At the end of a release, celebrate the fact that you and your team’s work is indeed awesome and unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even play a game – em, we mean to participate in a team building exercise – with your team.
TO LAND THIS JOB YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of programming experience in languages and/or technology in use at Workfront (Java, Spring framework, React).
- Solid experience with test automation technologies, such as JUnit, Selenium WebDriver, Karma, Jasmine
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases, web (HTTP, HTML) and front-end technologies (AngularJS, React).
- Experience in working with Continuous Integration systems, accompanied by strong knowledge of distributed source control systems, such as Git
- Knowledge and/or experience in real-time or distributed systems, public cloud or PaaS systems like AWS or Azure, NoSQL databases
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern approaches to test engineering for SaaS systems to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Will-do attitude and growth mindset to ensure a successful journey with Workfront
- Excellent written and at least practical verbal knowledge of English.
NOW, BLOW OUR MINDS:
- Show us your knowledge and experience of overseeing, tweaking and maintaining performance testing procedures as routine activity and release exit criteria
- Convince us that you have successfully led measurable and, preferably, dramatic improvements in the test automation practices of a software team and that you have the passion and drive to do it again
- Show that you are a person who, upon seeing a problem, moves quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific instructions from others
- Demonstrate fantastic communication skills such that we are confident that you will not only adapt and work well with a software engineering team but also excel in a collaborative team environment
- Show that you have passion and drive to take ownership of problems, deliver quality solutions, stand out from the pack and grow with us.
APPLY ON COMPANY SITE
Please state that you learned of this announsments from Youth Canal website.