TERM: Part-time, 30 hours a week
START DATE/TIME: 01 February 2017
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All candidates meeting the required qualifications.
DURATION: 2 years, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia, with frequent travel to the regions of Armenia for project implementation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Marketing Consultant who will train the management of the target beneficiary Agricultural Cooperatives in marketing knowledge and skills and build capacities for them to independently manage the day to day marketing activities and long term marketing strategies for the sustainably functioning cooperatives. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia” funded by the EU.
PROJECT OVERVIEW: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users’ union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project “Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia”. The project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Management, the incumbent will be responsible for
- Studying operations of the targeted cooperatives to understand and analyze their marketing needs;
- Presentation of the Market Research results and recommendations conducted by the Professional Research Company to the cooperatives;
- Introduction of marketing strategies according to the objectives and opportunities of cooperatives as well as the recommendations of the Market Research;
- Preparation of a training program on “Marketing of agricultural products” and conduction of trainings for the board members and presidents of the beneficiary cooperatives in building marketing and business development capacities for them;
- Provision of trainings on positioning, communications and other marketing issues with the most effective methods and tools, particularly for marketing of product innovations and services new for the local markets;
- Discussing the marketing activities of the cooperatives and analyzing the results;
- Writing analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/ MS in Marketing or a related field;
- At least 3 years of proven work experience in marketing;
- Experience in marketing of agricultural products is a plus;
- Work experience in agribusiness and rural entrepreneurship is a plus;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Flexible thinker with strong time management skills;
- Fluency in Armenian, working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Deadline: 25 Jan 2017
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.