Program Manager for Civil Society and Capacity Building
EURASIA PARTNERSHIP FOUNDATION-ARMENIA
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
REPORTING TO: CEO, Associate Director
OFFICE LOCATION: Azatutyan 1/21, Yerevan, Armenia
EMPLOYER: Eurasia Partnership Foundation
STARTS: Immediately upon recruitment
EPF is seeking an experienced Program Manager to oversee the implementation and expansion of its civil society development and CSO capacity building activities.
The program seeks to help Armenian CSOs be more effective in fulfilling their missions. EPF’s approach brings tested capacity-building and technical assistance methods to the Civil Society as a whole.
The PM will manage the CSO capacity building activities by working with EPF key personnel and partner organizations. S/he will also be responsible for future program development and fundraising in the civil society related field. S/he will also have to provide support for the implementation of other EPF’s programs.
S/he will also work with other EPF staff in developing and advancing organization’s strategic goals.
- Program management and development
- Leads the implementation of the civil society capacity building activities
- Organizes trainings, roundtables, networking events and other activities to achieve the goal of the program
- Manages funds, oversees budget expenditures, develops program budgets when appropriate
- Oversees procurement and outsourcing work, manages the contracts and hired experts.
- Works together with EPF management team for future program development in civil society and other fields.
- Develops work plans, reports, budgets and progress reports to donors and other partners.
- Manages the partner relationships when working in consortia.
- Maintains relationships with current and potential funding sponsors and networks with other CSO support actors to be up-to-date about the events and developments in the field.
- Represents EPF and specific Civil Society programs to CSO partners, government officials, funding sources, other partners, beneficiaries, at conferences and other outreach opportunities.
- Ensures program updates, publications and reporting meet EPF’s communication standards.
- Writes, reviews, edits and finalizes program reports and other related documents in Armenian and English.
- With the help of communications team, manages the up-to-date maintenance of program related web-sites and platforms.
- Financial management and grant and procurement oversight
- Responsible for implementing activities in accordance with project or activity budgets.
- Consults with EPF’s Finance and Office Managers in management of the program budgets.
- Develops and monitors the grant agreements and sub-agreements for project partners, if any.
- Participates in strategizing and implementation of other program activities in EPF with pleasure.
- Master’s degree or higher. Western education is a plus.
- Several years of experience in the field of international development and/or managing civil society projects. Experience in grant administration and/or cross-border programming is a plus.
- Previous fundraising and outreach experience with international organizations.
- Previous experience or good understanding of CSO organizational development and capacity building in Armenia.
- Experience in the areas of youth leadership; local government; new media; peace-building; or any other development-related area is a plus.
- Proven project management skills with experience managing multiple projects, working for/with an international organization, etc.
- Good knowledge of USAID, EU and other major institutional donors’ requirements for proposal writing, program and financial administration procedures, donor and fundraising concepts and glossary.
- Excellent speaking, writing and editing skills in Armenian and English, narrative building ability. Similar level Russian is a plus.
- Experience in hiring and managing program staff.
- Broad knowledge of social, political, and economic realities in Armenia and the region.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Armenian and Russian. Rhetorical skills are a plus.
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), E-mail, and Internet browser software.
- Demonstrated success in project planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing, and identifying and procuring technical assistance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and mentoring skills to work effectively with partners/clients.
- A track record that demonstrates energy and creativity, and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including speaking and presentation skills.
Abilities and Additional Skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding the importance of and ability to make strategic and day-to-day management decisions and implement them.
- Willingness to engage in creative discussions and continuous learning and research.
- Open to new ideas and approaches, shifting perspectives, peer-learning and experience-sharing with other program staff.
- Mature judgment combined with problem solving approach.
- Excellent management skills, including administrative and financial aspects.
- Excellent typing and translating skills.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority
- A flexible attitude which demonstrates both commitment to team-working and also to independent action when needed.
- The ability to deal and work with a wide variety of people.
- Patience, sensitivity and calmness in the face of pressure and conflicting priorities.
- Reports to EPF’s Chief Executive Officer and in parallel to Associate Director
- Coordinates work closely with other Program Managers, Communication Managers, Development Director and other key program and office staff.
- Communicates as needed with partner organizations’ leadership and support staff.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2017
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPF is state-of-the-art civil society and a think-and-a do-tank and an equal opportunity employer
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.