DATA MIGRATION ENGINEER OSS/BSS
Data Migration Engineer OSS/BSS
Location: Yerevan, AM
Req ID: 160790
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility.
Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees. More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT). A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
As a Migration Engineer, you will be a key representative for Ericsson in the pursuit and execution of transformations related to BSS. You will be part of a front line, customer-facing team assembled to convert legacy solution data for use in driving the future “greenfield” BSS stack. You should be able to contribute to multiple levels of the relevant technical engagements including: initial technical overview, assessment of the data, and design, deployment, configuration, and optimization of both the migration plan and either or both of the databases and the migration tools and scripts.
Please note that this position will be based in <span style="font-family: "Calibri","sans-serif"; font-size: 11pt; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">Yerevan, Armenia.
- Team with Solution Architects and Migration / Cutover Managers to define the migration process, including as it relates to the subscriber database and call routing configuration, in order to minimize outage time
- Participate in reviews and provide input and support during development of Migration Plan.
- Steward any custom tooling being created for data migration, i.e. subscriber database
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Migration / Cutover Managers to ensure that the network has the capability to operate during the migration activities and in between the cut intervals
- Assist the Migration / Cutover Manager in writing any needed Method of Procedure
- Assist in ensuring pre-cutover readiness as outlined in the Method of Procedure, e.g. checklists.
- Investigate quality and readiness of the data for migration
- Investigate health, stability, and readiness for all elements involved in the migration
- Monitor and report progress toward all milestone activities on a regular basis for both internal and external organizations as required.
- Assist with the implementation of the Method of Procedure on the night or other time of cutover(s), running any database migration tool, as well as the pre and post-cutover testing.
- Meet or exceed the committed in-service dates established within the allocated project budget and defined quality requirements as defined in the contract.
- Contribute to overall Ericsson Knowledge in the BSS area
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent plus a minimum of 7 - 10 years of related experience.
- Track record in engaging with technical teams and management at customers
- Good interpersonal, social and presentation skills, and an ability to build working relationships quickly
- Ability to work in multiple cultures, and in mixed teams
- Each of experience working for a major telecoms vendor, a specialized BSS vendor and a major consultancy or other professional services team is a plus
- The position is customer facing and requires excellent communications skills both verbal and written. In this experience-based role, the candidate is expected to be business minded with a proven track record of success.
Trust – Innovation - Performance: These are the core values that define Ericsson reputation and guide us in our daily work and in the way we do business.
Ericsson celebrates diversity and inclusion together with flexibility and international mobility.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.