HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Health and Safety Manager
CONTOURGLOBAL HYDRO CASCADE CJSC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 December 2016
START DATE/ TIME: As soon as possible.
LOCATION: Goris, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: ContourGlobal Hydro Cascade is currently looking to hire an experienced, innovative and proactive Health and Safety Manager to play a critical role in building a robust safety culture. The successful candidate will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in the area of Health and Safety, working in close cooperation with the Management team.
- Be member of ContourGlobal's Global Health and Safety team always aiming to implement CG's Health and Safety Policy, procedures and processes in the facilities he/ she will be responsible for;
- Support core business goals through effective behavioral/ cultural change program across a large, complex, multi-shift operation;
- Oversee the occupational health and safety (OHS) performance of ContourGlobal's facilities in Armenia, ensuring proactive and reactive measures are in place and used effectively to monitor improvement;
- Manage the health and safety function for Vorotan Cascade under his/ her responsibility, including leading the Health and Safety Committee to ensure delivery of objectives;
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of integrated company policy on the occupational health and safety, covering the organization work, various technologies, work places and equipment as well as contractors taking part in the works;
- Provide strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health and safety risks and recommend suitable adaptations to plants equipment and processes;
- Provide management information and statistics; ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for health and safety matters;
- Organize and provide targeted training solutions and safety awareness trainings, so as to build internal and external (contractors) competence in relation to safety performance;
- Prepare assessments and statements relating to compliance with health and safety and security regulations, with regards to the implementation of different projects and due diligences;
- Ensure compliance of global health and safety policies with local legislative requirements;
- Ensure working, technological and production discipline is being strictly followed.
- University degree in Engineering or a related technical field;
- At least 5 years of experience on a Health and Safety Management position in a complex industrial area or in a multinational company;
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 health and safety management system is highly preferable;
- Proficiency in English language; knowledge of Russian and other languages is considered an advantage;
- Strong experience in building safety culture in the workplace;
- In-depth understanding of the essential Armenian/ International Health and Safety legislative framework;
- Credibility and influencing skills to implement effective health and safety strategies;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Team management and good communication skills;
- Decision making skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates who meet the requirements for the position are encouraged to send their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please, indicate the title of the position in the subject line of the e-mail.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.