INTERN IN MANAGEMENT SECTION
U.S. EMBASSY IN YEREVAN
General Services Office
10-20 hours per week
Duration of Internship: 6 months (may be extended to 12 months)
Compensation: There is no compensation for volunteer work.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in all aspects of the General Services Office;
- Perform administrative works such as sorting, filing, answering of the phone, and database update;
- Assist with physical inventories of both expendable and non-expendable property;
- Update and manage property records;
- Assist with data entry;
- Assist with the preparation of U.S. Embassy-leased residences for occupancy;
- Escort and guide U.S. Embassy hired contractors;
- Translate official documents;
- Assist procurement section with filing, recordkeeping, market research;
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the GSO or GSO Assistant;
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Non-U.S. citizen student in good academic standing at his/her current educational institution.
- Must be a continuing student upon completion of the internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- After selection, the student must receive security and medical clearance.
- Should be personable, flexible, able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Area of study would include but not be limited to: university student of statistics, architecture, or linguistics.
- Must have Good Working Knowledge (level III) in English and be fluent (level IV) in Armenian.
- Must be computer literate in Outlook, Word and Excel.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program, a Statement Of Interest, and a Gratuitous Service Agreement, which are available on www.usa.am to:
Human Resources Office
Attention: Karine Baghdasaryan
1 American Ave, Yerevan 0082, Armenia
Also, please attach a certified transcript to verify your academic standing and a written statement on your student status from the educational institution in which you are enrolled.
Alternatively, you can e-mail your application with other required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application package is available for downloading at https://www.usa.am/announce/gsointern.zip
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.