HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER
OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATIONS – ARMENIA
This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director. The specialist’s responsibility will be to oversee the successful implementation of the Foundation’s Programs in the respective areas.
- Analyzing human rights legislation, policies and practices with the focus on restoration of rights and improvement of legislative-policy environment through the tool of strategic litigation, specifically in the areas of access to justice, freedom of expression, freedom of assembly and anti-discrimination;
- Reviewing proposals and preparing summaries of legal issues for follow up;
- Preparing case briefs for Foundation’s website;
- Undertaking research tasks, analysis of relevant legislation and preparation of legal justifications for issues within the Foundation’s priorities;
- Providing legal analysis of human rights related legislative drafts and policies.
Qualifications will include:
- Strong dedication to human rights promotion in Armenia;
- A minimum of five years of experience in the area of human rights and rule of law development in an international organization and/or as a human rights lawyer;
- University degree in law or human rights;
- Clear understanding of the critical human rights challenges in Armenia and familiarity with international trends in human rights, rule of law and democracy promotion;
- In-depth knowledge of national strategies, legislation, regulations, commitments, obligations related to human rights and relevant international frameworks;
- Experience in developing of the legal justifications;
- Ability to write legal analysis on human rights issues for local and international institution;
- Extensive experience of working with vulnerable groups, civil society groups/networks, state institutions and agencies, international organizations;
- Experience in communications and outreach to vulnerable groups;
- Ability to handle confidential issues;
- Self-motivation with an ability to set and meet goals;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in Armenian, English and Russian
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to the OSF-Armenia via email: email@example.com.
Only short listed candidates will be invited to the interview.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.