BRITISH EMBASSY IN YEREVAN
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Estates
Grade: A2 (L)
Working hours per week: 35
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Starting monthly salary (AMD): 598,104 gross
Start Date: 25 January 2018
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Armenia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking for an Administrative Officer to join the Embassy team, based in Yerevan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting CSM and Head of Programmes in financial administration: processing payments and raising requisitions for both local budget and programme funding;
- Estates management - oversight of H&S measures, including managing visits of TWO/S. Contact point with ESD on property maintenance issues. Maintaining residential and non-residential inventories. Line management of Embassy Gardener;
- Transport administrator: organising transport schedules, management of drivers, oversight of car maintenance and repairs;
- ITSO and Post Security Manager responsible for monitoring guarding KPI’s for Embassy estate, helping with Regional Security officer visits, ensuring updating of Standard Operating Procedures and security regulations and IT systems in the unclassified area;
- Administrative support to CSM, including drafting documentation to local authorities and providing admin support in HR, Finance, Procurement and Crisis Management;
- Cover for Executive Assistant’s absence.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including evidence of the work in administrative field , engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Effective communication, including written and spoken fluency in English and Armenian and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexibly including out of office hours; and to travel within Armenia and overseas occasionally;
- A self-starter that can work well both individually and in a team;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development;
- IT skills, including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Russian;
- Experience using an online accounting system (Oracle based system).
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion with their line manager.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.