EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO HMA
BRITISH EMBASSY IN YEREVAN
Temporary, Flexible working
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Political
Grade: A2 (L)
Working hours per week: 35
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Starting monthly salary (AMD): 598,104 gross
Start Date: 8 January 2018
End Date: 30 September 2018
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
The British Embassy in Armenia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking for an Executive Assistant to HMA to join the Embassy team, based in Yerevan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of HMA’s programme: coordination of diary and correspondence; leading on preparation of HMA’s forward programme of calls/events including commissioning briefing; liaison with external partners;
- Supervision of arrangements for HMA’s business hospitality: coordinating development of events plans and guest lists; issuing invitations; procurement of catering and waiting services, procurement of small items for Residence; supervision/line management of Residence Assistant;
- Coordination of HMA’s business trips and local official visits, including programme development; briefing; logistical arrangements; liaison with local authorities;
- Embassy Protocol lead, liaising with Presidential and MFA Protocol departments; drafting Notes Verbales;
- Back-up Pro-Consul, covering the full range of consular duties in Pro-Consul’s absence;
- Embassy contact point: management of enquiries inbox, incoming calls/mail;
- Back-up Administrative Officer, providing financial support and reporting, invoice processing, supplier maintenance forms set up, requisitions, receiving; supervision of cash payments.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including evidence of secretarial work, engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Effective communication, including written and spoken fluency in English and Armenian and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexibly including out of office hours; and to travel within Armenia and overseas occasionally;
- A self-starter that can work well both individually and in a team;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development;
- IT skills, including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Russian;
- Experience using an online accounting system (Oracle based system).
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time, temporary position to cover a maternity leave of 9 months. Working hours per week 35 (net). Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion with their line manager.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.