PROSPECT RESEARCHER AND DATA SPECIALIST
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Office of Development
(5 days/40 hours per week)
Open until filled
Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Prospect Researcher and Data Specialist is responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for gift cultivation and solicitation. This research and analysis supports AUA’s fundraising activities and contributes to the University’s financial well-being. Also, this position is responsible for the Constituent Relations Management (CRM) system (Bloomerang) and ensures the system is used effectively and efficiently by all users. The Prospect Researcher and Data Specialist works collaboratively with the Development Team and to a lesser extent, the Alumni and Career Development Office (ACDO) to advance the University’s mission and goals.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Proactively and independently plan and execute strategies to identify sources of major and annual gifts using DonorSearch, Internet research techniques, and electronic searching methodologies.
- Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of sources.
- Analyze accumulated information to assess financial capacity, linkage, and philanthropic tendencies.
- Establish guidelines and prepare documents and reports (profiles, biographies, project summaries, key performance indicators, and financial).
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure that newly identified prospects are presented to the Vice President of Development promptly.
- Communicate essential information which directs cultivation and solicitation strategies from research and reporting.
- Generate weekly fundraising activity reports from Bloomerang and deliver to the Vice President of Development.
- Assist with gift processing and generating financial reporting for all fund activity as requested.
- Identify and update all Bloomerang functionality for constituent profiles, plans and all other donor management components in coordination with ICTS.
- Generate pledge reminders and payment delinquency notices.
- Maintain security systems and user access for Bloomerang.
- Adhere to, develop additional, and document data entry procedures and company guidelines for database entry and maintenance.
- Produce reports for gift officers to review their portfolios.
- Perform data verification and quality control.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, AUA graduate preferred.
- Fluency in English and Armenian.
- Solid English language writing skills.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to initiate and perform sophisticated analysis.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Professional appearance and disposition.
- Self-managing with the willingness to be remotely supervised.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
How to apply: Send a cover letter, CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Prospect Researcher and Data Specialist.”
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for an interview.
AUA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an active non-discrimination program within the institution
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ARMENIA
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.