SENIOR PROJECT OFFICER
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK ARMENIA RESIDENT MISSION
Armenia Resident Mission
08:00 (23:59 Manila Time)
Reference Number: 180045
Position Level: NS 3
Department: Central and West Asia Department
Division: Armenia Resident Mission
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
The position is assigned in the Armenia Resident Mission (ARRM) within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance in countries in the Central and West Asia region. ARRM is responsible for country programming, coordination with clients and development partners, external outreach, and administration of a substantial share of the sovereign portfolio.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Senior Project Officer will provide in-depth technical expertise, operational support, and leadership in handling loans/technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities. The focus will be on transport, and involve other sectors including energy, water and other urban infrastructure. Senior Project Officer will report to Country Director, ARRM and may supervise certain administrative staff and national staff as may be assigned.
- Contribute to country programming and sector work, act as the focal point for assigned sectors, maintains close relationships with relevant government agencies, ADB headquarters staff, and development partners.
- Support, and in some cases lead, processing of loans and TA projects and implementation readiness plans ensuring key technical, economic, financial, environmental, social, and other sector issues are addressed.
- Administer implementation of assigned projects, including monitoring, support to implementing agencies, and active problem identification; take preventative and remedial actions and maintain a strong focus on contract awards and disbursements, procurement, and safeguards compliance.
- Support regular portfolio management activities including participation in Country Portfolio Review missions, and monitor overall performance of projects in assigned sectors.
- Participate in country programming and project processing, including fact-finding and appraisal missions; contribute to policy dialogue with the government on policy matters and institutional issues.
- Prepare project and technical assistance completion reports.
- Lead, supervise, support and mentor junior staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's work plan
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in economics, civil engineering, public policy, law or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience including project related work, sector work, administrative systems and procedures; and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working on projects financed by multilateral or bilateral development agencies, including substantial responsibilities for project preparation, oversight or implementation; familiarity with environment and social safeguards, and contract management.
- Understanding of public-private partnership modalities and their application to infrastructure services.
- Knowledge of social and environmental safeguards matters.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough, substantial and diverse experience, undertake a variety of assignments with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff levels 1 - 4.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Armenia.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of ADB member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.
Applications to vacancies are received through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES). Applications should be submitted no later than 11:59PM, Manila time, on the specified closing date
APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY
Please state that you learned of this vacancy from Youth Canal website.